The My CPD page is an optional space for you to keep a detailed record of your Continuous Professional Development (CPD). CPD are the learning experiences which help you develop and improve your professional practice. Your ongoing professional development doesn't come just from formal or course-based learning, it comes from anything that helps you to develop and improve your practice. It could be learning from:
- a conversation with a colleague,
- completing a new piece of work,
- reading an article, blog, book, research etc.
- listening to a podcast,
My CPD allows you to keep an accurate record of your CPD activity (both formal and in-formal learning) and enabled you to tailor plans, periods and entries to suit your individual needs.
INFO: Any course, event or catalogue item on LearnHSCNI which has CPD hours assigned, will flow through to your CPD Entries. You do not need to log these again.
The Plans tab allows you to create a plan for the CPD you want to complete over a given period. Click Add plan to create a new plan and enter the information in each field.
You can also export your plans to PDF, the exported plan will produce a report and include any progress against your plan. This will highlight any CPD entries that have been logged within the period of your plan.
Periods enable you to define a period over which you wish to track your completed CPD. You can include a target number of hours you are aiming to complete within that period, and the system will then track your progress against your specified target.
You can filter through periods to tailor your CPD dashboard to any given period recorded. This will filter your entries to those completed within that specified period, or you can include all periods to show all entries.
Click Add Period to create a timeframe if you want to track CPD activity, select your start and end date and input the target CPD hours/minutes you hope to achieve within the period. Once saved, it will display your period and target hours assigned.
The Entries tab allows you to log all your CPD activities that you have completed. This enables you to accurately record all your formal and informal learning.
Within each entry you are able to specify:
- Activity Title - enter a title which describes your activity, for example, course name, qualification, learning topic etc.
- Description - you can describe the learning activity in a little more detail.
- Activity Type - you can select from the list provided the type of activity completed. If not listed, select other and give detail in the Description box above.
- Web Link - can be used to store URL links to CPD-related activity, for example, you could use this field to help you find resources or materials quickly.
- Date Activity Completed - select the date the activity completed.
- Time Taken - you can accurately enter number of hours/minutes the activity took.
- Reflection - you can provide your own reflections. Why did you do this activity and what did you learn? How will you apply this learning within your job role?
- Evidence - you can also upload files as evidence for your learning and ensure that they are easy to find in the future. Files can be documents or images.
You can save your activity at any point, once you have completed the mandatory fields (marked with *), by clicking Save. When you have completed all the details for your activity, uncheck the Draft check-box for the activity to count towards your target CPD hours.
Once saved, the entries will be listed. You can select each heading to order them by Title, Type, Date or Complete. If your activity is saved in draft, it will not be marked as complete.
You can export your CPD entries at any time for your own records. Click Export entries on your CPD dashboard. A screen will appear where you can choose which file type (PDF or CSV File) and date range you want to export them as. Once populated, click Export entries and it will download your chosen file.
You can share any CPD entry (both in draft and complete state) with someone for feedback. Select the CPD entry, and on the left hand-side a Share button will be shown. Select Share and enter the email address of the person you wish to share the entry with. Then click Send. A PDF copy of the entry will be sent to the email specified.
My CPD is a bonus feature on LearnHSCNI. You are not required to use it, however it may benefit some groups of staff or individuals who wish to keep an accurate record of their learning.